Saturday, December 12, 2009

"I came away from this experience realizing how authentic she is."

Following their interview with Jennifer Brunner on her Afghanistan policy, Eric is up with a post detailing his reactions over at our favorite blog to link to. The highlights:
I came away from this experience realizing how authentic she is. I don’t get an ounce of phony vibe that is prevalent among elected officials and candidates alike that I’ve met. I’m sure as a politician she can pour that stuff on, but none was to be found on Thursday. She has this weird combination of toughness and kindness...
Jennifer is the real deal. There’s a reason the old guard is scared shitless. There is a reason her grassroots support is so wide and bottom up. I hear stories of people raising their own money and printing their own promotional materials to support her. None of this stuff will show up on a financial report, but it shows up in the hearts and minds of voters.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment